The Wisconsin Medicaid Promoting Interoperability (PI) Program is now accepting Eligible Professional Meaningful Use applications for Program Year 2019.
We will be accepting applications for Stage 3 of Meaningful Use through March 31, 2020. Please read below for important information on Program Year 2019.
The resources below provide you with an overview of the program and detailed instructions on the application process:
- Wisconsin Medicaid PI Program website
- Wisconsin Eligible Professionals User Guide, P-00358C
- Wisconsin High Priority Electronic Clinical Quality Measures, P-02315
We also encourage you to read the updated Program Year 2019 Eligible Professional Application Process Guide, P-01151 for detailed instructions that help you attest for incentives through the ForwardHealth Provider Portal.
- You are required to submit documentation to support meaningful use measures, patient volume, and the acquisition of 2015 Edition certified EHR technology (CEHRT).
- In Program Year 2019, the EHR reporting period for all Eligible Professionals, regardless of previous participation, is any continuous 90-day period between January 1 and December 31, 2019.
- Starting in Program Year 2019, Eligible Professionals are required to report on at least one outcome or high-priority electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM). Eligible Professionals are required to report on a total of six eCQMs to demonstrate Meaningful Use. If there are no outcome or high-priority measures relevant to the Eligible Professional’s scope of practice, they may report on any relevant six eCQMs.
- There are 50 available eCQMs in Program Year 2019.
- The eCQM reporting period for Eligible Professionals who are attesting to Meaningful Use criteria for the first time is any continuous 90-day period between January 1 and December 31, 2019.
- The eCQM reporting period for Eligible Professionals who have successfully demonstrated any stage of Meaningful Use in a prior year is the full calendar year of January 1 through December 31, 2019.
The ForwardHealth Update, Information for Eligible Professionals Regarding Program Year 2019 of the Wisconsin Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program, provides additional guidance for Eligible Professionals regarding changes to the Meaningful Use reporting structure and criteria for Program Year 2019.
The last day for Eligible Professionals to submit a Program Year 2019 Wisconsin Medicaid PI Program application is March 31, 2020.