2022 November 11 Open Forum Athlete 360°- The Role of Primary Care in Sports, Physical Activity, and Well-Being Flyer
Join us at the WIAAP Statewide Open Forum (in person) – Friday, November 11, 2022
Waukesha County Technical College, Pewaukee, WI Campus
Athlete 360°: The Role of Primary Care in Sports, Physical Activity, and Well-Being, will take a wholistic view of the clinical recommendations, real-life considerations, and best practices to ensure the long-term health of student athletes.
Tentative agenda includes:
- The Cutting Edge of Sports and Youth in Wisconsin – Drew Watson, MD
- Mental Health and Sports Performance – Alison Jones, MD
- Mindfulness and Sport Performance – Chad McGehee, MA, MEd
- Getting Kids Back to Activity After an Injury – Shayne Fehr, MD, and Kaitlyn Hong, PT, DPT
- Working with Student Athletes in Clinic and on the Sidelines – Kevin Walter, MD
- Nutrition, Diets and Supplements – Erin Hammer, MD and Sarah Van Reit, RDN
- Opportunities and Shared Experiences in Wisconsin – Children with special abilities, early childhood physical activity- Jeremy Waldhart, MD
- Case Discussions – Mistreatment and abuse, adaptive sports, healing after serious injury-Blaise Nemeth, MD
- Best practices
Open to pediatricians, family physicians, sub-specialists, medical students, residents, allied health professionals, state government officials, legislators, and the public at large.
REGISTER NOW at Athlete360.Eventbrite.com – Members $60, Non-members $80, Trainees $10
Interested in Exhibiting/Sponsoring?
Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2022OpenForum or contact Rishelle Eithun, email@example.com.