Are you a WIAAP member interested in a position on our board of directors?
Candidates must be voting members in good standing. Open board positions are announced at the beginning of each year. The current board of directors reviews nominations and approves the slate of candidates to be selected through election by member voter in the spring. Terms are for three (3) years, renewable once, and beginning on July 1st of the year during which the director is elected; the 2024 board of directors retreat will be held on May 19th and 20th. Board members having served two terms may run again after one year’s absence.
Nominations are now open for one (2) board of directors member on the spring 2024 ballot. Due March 31st, 2024.
Board of Directors (2024-2027): There are two (2) positions opening for the upcoming election. Each board member is expected to support the chapter’s mission, participate fully in board and committee meetings, assume collective fiduciary responsibility for the organization and guide chapter policy and activities for advocacy, collaboration, and collective impact.
Please send a statement of <250 words describing your interest in seeking the position, your CV, a headshot photo (300 dpi resolution) to Kia Kjensrud, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WIAAP Board of Directors
Serving as a board member of WIAAP involves a very special commitment. To meet that commitment, each board member is expected to:
- support WIAAP’s mission;
- attend and actively participate in all of the board’s meetings, and notify the executive director or president of anticipated absence; when absent from a meeting, review minutes and results of the missed meeting;
- be prepared to participate fully in board and committee meetings;
- serve actively on at least one committee;
- support and act in concert with all official actions taken and policies and resolutions adopted by the board; and
- clearly indicate when a personal opinion or position differs from the official position taken on an issue by the WIAAP board of directors