The State Emergency Operations Center has notified Wisconsin Department of Health Services that the final allocation of personal protective equipment (PPE) from the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) is available for distribution.
These supplies include N95 respirators, surgical masks, face shields, hoods, gowns, coveralls, and gloves.
The following groups are eligible to receive PPE resources from the SNS supply:
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Long-term Care/Nursing facilities
- Skilled nursing facilities
Facilities/agencies that submit requests must meet all of the following criteria:
- Facility/agency supply is depleted or will be in one week,
- Shortage or depletion is impacting ability to ensure patient care and/or worker safety,
- Facility/agency has exhausted attempts to secure PPE from other sources, and
- Facility/agency has consistently implemented CDC strategies to optimize use of N95 respirators.
Additionally, in order to be eligible, hospitals must complete the COVID-19 Essential Elements of Information daily in EMResource.
DHS will use a Scarce Resource Decision Tree to determine to which agencies PPE will be allocated.
Please use this link to order PPE from the SNS:
THIS ORDER NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY 2 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, 4/8.
PLEASE NOTE: These items are past their manufacturer-designated shelf life. They may not be used in surgical settings. FDA has provided an emergency use authorization that allows these resources to be used for this purpose. Due to scarcity of resources, you will not receive your full order.