Pediatric Mental Health Minute, a series of videos designed by the AAP to provide real time education to pediatricians caring for children and youth with mental health disorders to improve knowledge and skills during a national crisis and in the future.
Each unit is short, while providing sufficient information in the form of:
- A link to written educational information, which should take no longer than 1-2 minutes to read, highlighting the most important 3-4 items on the topic, including its scope in pediatrics and teaching points. This also includes resources for physicians and families.
- A short 15-20-minute video on the particular topic with more in-depth information.
Upcoming topics will include:
- Assessment/screening tools
- Adolescent depression
- Psychosocial treatment (nonpharmacologic treatment)
- ADHD (differentiation from mental health disorders)
- Trauma Informed Care
- Substance use
- Maladaptive aggression
- Mental health in infants and young children
- Special issues with children with chronic disabilities or rare illnesses