The five evidence-based recommendations for communicating about vaccinations are:
- Talk about the benefits of vaccination for the common good.
- Talk about improving vaccination access as a preventive public health measure.
- Focus on how vaccines are beneficial to children’s and adolescents’ long-term health and well-being.
- Use a computer updates metaphor to explain how the immune system improves its performance through vaccination.
- Use a literacy metaphor to explain how the immune system learns how to respond to viruses through vaccination.
Download the full report here.