The AAP has created a brief, practical guide designed to support pediatricians and other pediatric health clinicians in screening patients for tobacco use and providing behavioral and pharmacological support to help youth quit.
The resource uses an easy, 3-step model, “Ask-Counsel-Treat (ACT),” to guide clinical interactions around cessation.
Additional Topics Covered:
- Screening for tobacco use, including smoking and vaping
- Behavioral cessation supports, including texting services, quitlines, online resources
- Pharmacological supports, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy
- Flowchart for clinical interactions
- Using the EHR to identify and address tobacco use
Click here for more details.