The following is a message from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the Wisconsin Medicaid Electronic Health Record Incentive Program.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released the CY 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule, which includes a new requirement for Eligible Professionals. Starting in Program Year 2019, Eligible Professionals are required to report on at least one outcome or high-priority electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM). Overall, Eligible Professionals are still required to report on a total of six eCQMs to demonstrate Meaningful Use. If there are no outcome or high-priority measures relevant to the Eligible Professional’s scope of practice, he or she may report on any relevant six eCQMs.
To assist providers, the Wisconsin Medicaid EHR Incentive Program has developed a tip sheet, Wisconsin High Priority Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs), P-02315. This tip sheet identifies all available outcome and high-priority measures available to Wisconsin Medicaid providers. The measures designated as high priority align with current quality reporting and will expand the quality data available for Medicaid analysis. Additionally, broader reporting of the high-priority eCQMs will assist Wisconsin in identifying quality improvement focus areas. Review the tip sheet for more information.
WIAAP Note: Key pediatric measure include:
- CMS75* – Children Who Have Dental Decay or Cavities
- CMS117 – Childhood Immunization Status
- CMS136 – Follow-up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication (ADD)
- CMS155 – Weight Assessment and Counseling for Nutrition and Physical Activity for Children and Adolescents
- CMS177 – Child and Adolescent Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): Suicide Risk Assessment
* Indicates high-priority eCQMs which are also outcome measures.